Sampha, Kamasi Washington and Damon Albarn feature on the LP, which comes out in February.
XL Recordings cofounder Richard Russell has revealed full details of his first album as Everything Is Recorded.
As Russell explains in his recent RA Exchange, the album, titled Everything Is Recorded, is a highly collaborative affair, with contributions from Sampha, Obongjayar, Kamasi Washington, Damon Albarn, Giggs, Ibeyi, Wiki, Syd, Rachel Zeffira, Infinite, Green Gartside, Peter Gabriel and Owen Pallett.
Russell will also collaborate with Toby Ziegler on a music and art installation in Dalston, at the site of the soon-to-open Hackney Arts Centre. It’ll run from February 14th through 17th, and will include a three-screen video work featuring music from the album alongside Ziegler’s visual art. The first Everything Is Recorded live performance will happen at the venue on February 15th, with Russell joined by Sampha, Ibeyi, Warren Ellis, Obongjayer, Rachel Zeffira, Infinite and more. Some of the band’s rehearsals will also be open to the public.
02. Close But Not Quite feat. Sampha
03. She Said feat. Obongjayar & Kamasi Washington
04. Wet Looking Road feat. Giggs
05. Mountains Of Gold feat. Sampha, Ibeyi, Wiki and Kamasi Washington
06. Show Love feat. Syd & Sampha
07. Echoes In The Bone – Interlude feat. Rachel Zeffira
08. Bloodshot Red Eyes feat. Infinite & Green Gartside
09. Cane feat. Ibeyi
10. Purify – Interlude feat. Infinite & Peter Gabriel
11. Be My Friend feat. Infinite
12. Everything Is Recorded feat. Sampha and Owen Pallett
XL Recordings will release Everything Is Recorded on February 16th, 2018.